2 sent off & riot police called in: Portuguesa go MAD over placement of Gremio penalty
- September 8, 2013
You have to feel sorry for Portuguesa but what ensued in the final minutes of their 3-2 defeat at Gremio was very much a scene we have witnessed numerous times in South American football over the years.
Lowly Portuguesa looked dead and buried at 2-0 down to high flying Gremio on Saturday night, with 20 minutes to go.
Portuguesa brought it back to 2-2 within 8 minutes and could well have bagged a crucial point in their battle for safety in the Campeonato Brasileiro.
It all came crashing down on 86 as the referee awarded a penalty to Gremio and the Portuguesa players got pretty mad about the placement of Kleber’s penalty.
Subsequently, Bruninho and Voldimiro were sent off with riot police making an appearance to calk everyone down.
Kleber scored to seal a 3-2 win and Portuguesa barely had enough players to launch another attack in the final minutes.
- Douglas scored directly from a corner for Gremio v Caxias [Video]
- Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni scores 122nd career goal v Gremio!
- Gremio kicked out the Brazilian Cup as a punishment for fans racist insults v Santos
- Terrible! Gremio fans produce racist monkey gestures at Santos keeper Aranha [Video]
- Gremio stand by defender Saimon after an x-rated movie involving two women is leaked on...
- Ponte Preta 1 – Gremio 1
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi