2 sent off & riot police called in: Portuguesa go MAD over placement of Gremio penalty
- September 8, 2013
You have to feel sorry for Portuguesa but what ensued in the final minutes of their 3-2 defeat at Gremio was very much a scene we have witnessed numerous times in South American football over the years.
Lowly Portuguesa looked dead and buried at 2-0 down to high flying Gremio on Saturday night, with 20 minutes to go.
Portuguesa brought it back to 2-2 within 8 minutes and could well have bagged a crucial point in their battle for safety in the Campeonato Brasileiro.
It all came crashing down on 86 as the referee awarded a penalty to Gremio and the Portuguesa players got pretty mad about the placement of Kleber’s penalty.
Subsequently, Bruninho and Voldimiro were sent off with riot police making an appearance to calk everyone down.
Kleber scored to seal a 3-2 win and Portuguesa barely had enough players to launch another attack in the final minutes.
- Douglas scored directly from a corner for Gremio v Caxias [Video]
- Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni scores 122nd career goal v Gremio!
- Gremio kicked out the Brazilian Cup as a punishment for fans racist insults v Santos
- Terrible! Gremio fans produce racist monkey gestures at Santos keeper Aranha [Video]
- Gremio stand by defender Saimon after an x-rated movie involving two women is leaked on...
- Ponte Preta 1 – Gremio 1
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...