- Martin Odegaard takes part in first senior Real Madrid training session [Video]
- Mino Raiola prepares for summer bidding war over Paul Pogba [Graphic]
- Frank Lampard & Sergio Aguero score beautiful free kicks in Man City training [Video]
- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
2 FA Cup Golazos you have to see: Giorgos Karagounis (Fulham) & Craig Gardner (Sunderland)
Two Premier League sides in Fulham and Sunderland were forced to come from behind and score late (fantastic) equalisers on Saturday against Championship teams that came close to securing upsets.
Greek international Giorgos Karagounis scored a wonder goal to save the Cottagers from elimination with 10 minutes to go as Blackpool came close to stunning Martin Jol’s side.
Karagounis struck a terrific looping effort that gave Blackpool keeper Matthew Gilks very little chance.
After the match, Fulham boss Martin Jol said: “If you’ve seen him on You Tube, he probably did it [scored goals like today's during his career at Inter Milan, Benfica and Panathinaikos] eight or nine times before, and he’s capable of doing that.”
Sunderland also produced a fine comeback, after they had looked dead and buried at Bolton, coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2.
Craig Gardner has scored a fair few wonder strikes in his time and he connected very well on the edge of the box to keep Sunderland in the FA Cup.
Sunderland boss Martin O’Neill will be hugely relieved after criticism was thrown his way after only naming six substitutes.
The two FA Cup golazos can be seen in GIF format. Karagounis above followed by Gardner below.
- Updated: January 6, 2013