2 FA Cup Golazos you have to see: Giorgos Karagounis (Fulham) & Craig Gardner (Sunderland)
- January 6, 2013
Two Premier League sides in Fulham and Sunderland were forced to come from behind and score late (fantastic) equalisers on Saturday against Championship teams that came close to securing upsets.
Greek international Giorgos Karagounis scored a wonder goal to save the Cottagers from elimination with 10 minutes to go as Blackpool came close to stunning Martin Jol’s side.
Karagounis struck a terrific looping effort that gave Blackpool keeper Matthew Gilks very little chance.
After the match, Fulham boss Martin Jol said: “If you’ve seen him on You Tube, he probably did it [scored goals like today’s during his career at Inter Milan, Benfica and Panathinaikos] eight or nine times before, and he’s capable of doing that.”
Sunderland also produced a fine comeback, after they had looked dead and buried at Bolton, coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2.
Craig Gardner has scored a fair few wonder strikes in his time and he connected very well on the edge of the box to keep Sunderland in the FA Cup.
Sunderland boss Martin O’Neill will be hugely relieved after criticism was thrown his way after only naming six substitutes.
The two FA Cup golazos can be seen in GIF format. Karagounis above followed by Gardner below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...