2-0 to The Arsenal: Theo Walcott’s ‘false 9′ individual highlights v Spurs
- January 6, 2014
Theo Walcott didn’t just start a global meme with his cheeky ‘2-0′ hand gesture to Spurs fans during Arsenal’s victorious North London derby at the weekend; he also had a pretty good game as a makeshift false 9 leading the Gunners’ attack.
With Giroud ill and Bendtner injured, Walcott was tasked with leading the line as a false 9, and he did an admirable job in the circumstances, holding the ball up well for the likes of Rosicky to overlap, and getting several decents shots off – though he really should have scored with the amount of chances that came his way.
Walcott’s piece de resistance was of course his ‘2-0′ sign language trolling as he was taken off on a stretcher, but his starring role as a false 9 will have given Wenger food for thought, and gives Arsenal an alternative option going forward.
Watch Walcott’s impressive individual highlights as a false 9 in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Spurs on the clip below.
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...