2-0 to The Arsenal: Theo Walcott’s ‘false 9′ individual highlights v Spurs
- January 6, 2014
Theo Walcott didn’t just start a global meme with his cheeky ‘2-0′ hand gesture to Spurs fans during Arsenal’s victorious North London derby at the weekend; he also had a pretty good game as a makeshift false 9 leading the Gunners’ attack.
With Giroud ill and Bendtner injured, Walcott was tasked with leading the line as a false 9, and he did an admirable job in the circumstances, holding the ball up well for the likes of Rosicky to overlap, and getting several decents shots off – though he really should have scored with the amount of chances that came his way.
Walcott’s piece de resistance was of course his ‘2-0′ sign language trolling as he was taken off on a stretcher, but his starring role as a false 9 will have given Wenger food for thought, and gives Arsenal an alternative option going forward.
Watch Walcott’s impressive individual highlights as a false 9 in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Spurs on the clip below.
- David Seaman hails Arsenal’s capture of Petr Cech from Chelsea on Talksport [Audio]
- Former Arsenal man Gervinho demanded a helicopter & a private beach to join Al Jaz...
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- Arsenal Fan TV laud the ‘massive’ signing of Petr Cech from Chelsea [Video]
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- First Interview: Petr Cech believes his experience can help Arsenal win the title [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi