- Dasha Zhukova, girlfriend of Chelsea’s Abramovich, gets close to DiCaprio in New York [Pictures]
- AC Milan’s Jeremy Menez scored a sensational disallowed goal v Roma [Video]
- Ex-Chelsea man Kevin de Bruyne is on Man City’s shopping list, Wolfsburg to refuse bid [Express]
- Tottenham make West Brom’s Saido Berahino their #1 target, will post bid on January 1st [Sun]
- Lierse goalie Boban Bajkovic concedes a hilariously awful goal v Charleroi after an air kick [Video]
2-0 to The Arsenal: Theo Walcott’s ‘false 9′ individual highlights v Spurs
Theo Walcott didn’t just start a global meme with his cheeky ’2-0′ hand gesture to Spurs fans during Arsenal’s victorious North London derby at the weekend; he also had a pretty good game as a makeshift false 9 leading the Gunners’ attack.
With Giroud ill and Bendtner injured, Walcott was tasked with leading the line as a false 9, and he did an admirable job in the circumstances, holding the ball up well for the likes of Rosicky to overlap, and getting several decents shots off – though he really should have scored with the amount of chances that came his way.
Walcott’s piece de resistance was of course his ’2-0′ sign language trolling as he was taken off on a stretcher, but his starring role as a false 9 will have given Wenger food for thought, and gives Arsenal an alternative option going forward.
Watch Walcott’s impressive individual highlights as a false 9 in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Spurs on the clip below.
- Updated: January 6, 2014