- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
- Oscar’s sister got a picture with Eden Hazard after Chelsea’s win v Man United [Instagram]
- Claude & Ty argue after Arsenal beat Reading to reach the FA Cup final [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Eden Hazard celebrated earning Chelsea an “important 3 points” v Man United [Official Video]
- Chelsea’s win marked the 25th consecutive year that Liverpool have mathematically failed to win the title
2-0 to The Arsenal: Theo Walcott’s ‘false 9′ individual highlights v Spurs
- January 6, 2014
Theo Walcott didn’t just start a global meme with his cheeky ‘2-0′ hand gesture to Spurs fans during Arsenal’s victorious North London derby at the weekend; he also had a pretty good game as a makeshift false 9 leading the Gunners’ attack.
With Giroud ill and Bendtner injured, Walcott was tasked with leading the line as a false 9, and he did an admirable job in the circumstances, holding the ball up well for the likes of Rosicky to overlap, and getting several decents shots off – though he really should have scored with the amount of chances that came his way.
Walcott’s piece de resistance was of course his ‘2-0′ sign language trolling as he was taken off on a stretcher, but his starring role as a false 9 will have given Wenger food for thought, and gives Arsenal an alternative option going forward.
Watch Walcott’s impressive individual highlights as a false 9 in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Spurs on the clip below.