2-0 to The Arsenal: Theo Walcott’s ‘false 9′ individual highlights v Spurs
- January 6, 2014
Theo Walcott didn’t just start a global meme with his cheeky ‘2-0′ hand gesture to Spurs fans during Arsenal’s victorious North London derby at the weekend; he also had a pretty good game as a makeshift false 9 leading the Gunners’ attack.
With Giroud ill and Bendtner injured, Walcott was tasked with leading the line as a false 9, and he did an admirable job in the circumstances, holding the ball up well for the likes of Rosicky to overlap, and getting several decents shots off – though he really should have scored with the amount of chances that came his way.
Walcott’s piece de resistance was of course his ‘2-0′ sign language trolling as he was taken off on a stretcher, but his starring role as a false 9 will have given Wenger food for thought, and gives Arsenal an alternative option going forward.
Watch Walcott’s impressive individual highlights as a false 9 in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Spurs on the clip below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...