2-0 to The Arsenal: Theo Walcott’s ‘false 9′ individual highlights v Spurs
- January 6, 2014
Theo Walcott didn’t just start a global meme with his cheeky ‘2-0′ hand gesture to Spurs fans during Arsenal’s victorious North London derby at the weekend; he also had a pretty good game as a makeshift false 9 leading the Gunners’ attack.
With Giroud ill and Bendtner injured, Walcott was tasked with leading the line as a false 9, and he did an admirable job in the circumstances, holding the ball up well for the likes of Rosicky to overlap, and getting several decents shots off – though he really should have scored with the amount of chances that came his way.
Walcott’s piece de resistance was of course his ‘2-0′ sign language trolling as he was taken off on a stretcher, but his starring role as a false 9 will have given Wenger food for thought, and gives Arsenal an alternative option going forward.
Watch Walcott’s impressive individual highlights as a false 9 in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Spurs on the clip below.
- Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny let in two goals on his Roma debut (Video)
- Man United hero Roy Keane claims Arsenal have a ‘selfie culture’ [Telegraph]
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Which club is bigger Arsenal or Chelsea? [AFTV v CFC]
- Chelsea captain John Terry admits it will be strange to play against ‘Big Pete...
- Wilshere = Fabregas: Daily Mail compare Arsenal & Chelsea through Little Englander...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi