2-0 to The Arsenal: Theo Walcott’s ‘false 9’ individual highlights v Spurs
Theo Walcott didn’t just start a global meme with his cheeky ‘2-0′ hand gesture to Spurs fans during Arsenal’s victorious North London derby at the weekend; he also had a pretty good game as a makeshift false 9 leading the Gunners’ attack.
With Giroud ill and Bendtner injured, Walcott was tasked with leading the line as a false 9, and he did an admirable job in the circumstances, holding the ball up well for the likes of Rosicky to overlap, and getting several decents shots off – though he really should have scored with the amount of chances that came his way.
Walcott’s piece de resistance was of course his ‘2-0’ sign language trolling as he was taken off on a stretcher, but his starring role as a false 9 will have given Wenger food for thought, and gives Arsenal an alternative option going forward.
Watch Walcott’s impressive individual highlights as a false 9 in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Spurs on the clip below.
Watch Live Stream
- Act like it’s your own money: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on spendingAugust 24, 2016
- Arsenal stopper Petr Cech explains why he moved from midfield to goalkeeper (Video)August 24, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes horrendous howler in 3-0 Roma UCL defeat (Video)August 23, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho spurns Arsenal interest in Phil Jones [Telegraph]August 23, 2016
- Excuse me? Bayern Munich’s David Alaba says Arsenal’s Theo Walcott is his toughest opponent (Video)August 4, 2016
- Arsenal fans on Twitter lay into Theo Walcott during woeful display v MLS All Stars [Tweets]July 29, 2016
- Theo Walcott uploads an intense training video on InstagramJuly 10, 2016
- Liverpool get the green light to sign an Arsenal forward [Evening Standard]June 13, 2016