- Lionel Messi wants to leave Spain because he feels persecuted by the taxman [El Confidencial]
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino insists he has the support of Daniel Levy [Video]
- Wayne Rooney posts video of his son Kai doing cartwheels before he did the same in celebration against Slovenia
- Flashback Friday! Thierry Henry scores one of the great Premier League goals against Man United
- Arsenal post video showing why ‘Welbz’ is ‘Dat Guy’ [Video]
2-0 to The Arsenal: Theo Walcott’s ‘false 9′ individual highlights v Spurs
Theo Walcott didn’t just start a global meme with his cheeky ’2-0′ hand gesture to Spurs fans during Arsenal’s victorious North London derby at the weekend; he also had a pretty good game as a makeshift false 9 leading the Gunners’ attack.
With Giroud ill and Bendtner injured, Walcott was tasked with leading the line as a false 9, and he did an admirable job in the circumstances, holding the ball up well for the likes of Rosicky to overlap, and getting several decents shots off – though he really should have scored with the amount of chances that came his way.
Walcott’s piece de resistance was of course his ’2-0′ sign language trolling as he was taken off on a stretcher, but his starring role as a false 9 will have given Wenger food for thought, and gives Arsenal an alternative option going forward.
Watch Walcott’s impressive individual highlights as a false 9 in Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Spurs on the clip below.
- Updated: January 6, 2014