- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
- Neymar feels like he’s in the best form of his Barcelona career [Video]
- Better than Beckham-Scholes! Víctor Curto Ortiz wondervolley (AS Eupen) v Racing Mechelen [Video]
18-year-old Viktor Fischer stars with stunning performance to secure Ajax win over PSV
“I think it was a fantastic game from our side. I am particularly satisfied with my assist. I found it even better than my goal.” – Viktor Fischer after Ajax 3 – PSV 1.
In front of an adoring Amsterdam Arena, in the biggest game in Dutch football, Fischer truly announced himself with a remarkable late display.
The stand out moment, as Fischer brilliantly points out above, was an assist for Danny Hoesen to put Ajax 2-1 up just seconds after Jeremain Lens had missed a sitter.
Fischer also scored an excellent goal, which although it was created from defensive deficiencies, he once again showed how calm he is in front of goal by rounding PSV keeper Boy Waterman.
In England at least, there is plenty of hype surrounding Ajax team mate Christian Eriksen with the Danish star running down his Ajax contract making a move in January extremely likely.
And reports last week suggested Fischer is still to agree a long term deal with the Amsterdammers, leaving former winger and now director of football Marc Overmars with a tough job on his hand.
Losing one Danish wonderkid may be considered a misfortune, to lose both would be careless in the extreme.
(It should also be noted that Fischer is considered a bigger talent than Eriksen despite having played only a handful of first team games and a move to the likes of Real Madrid or Manchester United would be no surprise.)
The Viktor Fischer assist and goal can be seen on the videos below.
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="264541"]
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="264543"]
- Updated: December 2, 2012