17-Minute Analysis: Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry & Alan Shearer on England 1 – Italy 2 [Video]
- June 15, 2014
Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer analyzed England’s narrow defeat to Italy last night.
The consensus seemed to be that the game was settled on the taking and missing of chances: Rooney missed his half chance, and Balotelli scored his.
As Henry points out, Italy never controlled the game, but they knew what they were doing throughout, while England huffed and puffed but spent too much needless energy at key times.
The studio then beams over to Danny Murphy in Manaus, who gives his two cents on the game, the ex-Liverpool man largely positive overall.
After, the panel discussed Leighton Baines’ tough night at left-back, and wondered whether it was an oversight from Hodgson to leave Ashley Cole at home.
Watch the interesting 17-minute discussion on the clip below.
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Laura Bassett reflects on her semi-final own goal for Japan v England [video]
- Paul Gascoigne’s career highlights get the Lego treatment [Video]
- Gutted: Laura Bassett’s seriously unfortunate own goal for Japan v England [GIF &...
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi