17-Minute Analysis: Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry & Alan Shearer on England 1 – Italy 2 [Video]
Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer analyzed England’s narrow defeat to Italy last night.
The consensus seemed to be that the game was settled on the taking and missing of chances: Rooney missed his half chance, and Balotelli scored his.
As Henry points out, Italy never controlled the game, but they knew what they were doing throughout, while England huffed and puffed but spent too much needless energy at key times.
The studio then beams over to Danny Murphy in Manaus, who gives his two cents on the game, the ex-Liverpool man largely positive overall.
After, the panel discussed Leighton Baines’ tough night at left-back, and wondered whether it was an oversight from Hodgson to leave Ashley Cole at home.
Watch the interesting 17-minute discussion on the clip below.
Watch Live Stream
- England boss Sam Allardyce pranks 5 kids at Wembley Stadium (Video)August 28, 2016
- Chelsea’s John Terry has bad news for England [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Man United & Arsenal full internationals included in England U21 squadAugust 25, 2016
- Should Man United’s Wayne Rooney remain England’s captain? (BBC Video)August 23, 2016
- Andrea Pirlo frustated by Mario Balotelli’s wasted talent [Mirror]July 19, 2016
- Simone Zaza’s girlfriend Chiara Biasi responds to penalty joke with awesome TweetJuly 6, 2016
- Vicky Varga knew Graziano Pelle would miss his penalty v Germany (Video)July 5, 2016
- Simone Zaza writes lengthy apology on Instagram after Italy penalty miss v GermanyJuly 4, 2016