17-Minute Analysis: Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry & Alan Shearer on England 1 – Italy 2 [Video]
Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer analyzed England’s narrow defeat to Italy last night.
The consensus seemed to be that the game was settled on the taking and missing of chances: Rooney missed his half chance, and Balotelli scored his.
As Henry points out, Italy never controlled the game, but they knew what they were doing throughout, while England huffed and puffed but spent too much needless energy at key times.
The studio then beams over to Danny Murphy in Manaus, who gives his two cents on the game, the ex-Liverpool man largely positive overall.
After, the panel discussed Leighton Baines’ tough night at left-back, and wondered whether it was an oversight from Hodgson to leave Ashley Cole at home.
Watch the interesting 17-minute discussion on the clip below.
- Spurs youngster Dele Alli pulled off 2 nutmegs during England win (videos)
- Roy Hodgson is pleased with the amount of options at England’s disposal (Video)
- England and Lithuania fans brawl in the stands during Euro 2016 Qualifier (Vine)
- Twitter catches Ross Barkley fever after another impressive England performance (Tweets)
- Azerbaijan 1 – Italy 3: Man United’s Matteo Darmian seals Euro 2016 qualifi...
- Dream Debut: Nicola Ferrari (AC Mestre) overhead scissor kick golazo from long range v ...
- For Shame: Italy’s Antonio Candreva took one of the worst dives ever v Malta (Video)
- Experience the Geneva friendly between Italy and Portugal with Copa 90 [Video]