17-Minute Analysis: Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry & Alan Shearer on England 1 – Italy 2 [Video]
Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer analyzed England’s narrow defeat to Italy last night.
The consensus seemed to be that the game was settled on the taking and missing of chances: Rooney missed his half chance, and Balotelli scored his.
As Henry points out, Italy never controlled the game, but they knew what they were doing throughout, while England huffed and puffed but spent too much needless energy at key times.
The studio then beams over to Danny Murphy in Manaus, who gives his two cents on the game, the ex-Liverpool man largely positive overall.
After, the panel discussed Leighton Baines’ tough night at left-back, and wondered whether it was an oversight from Hodgson to leave Ashley Cole at home.
Watch the interesting 17-minute discussion on the clip below.
Watch Live Stream
- Rio Ferdinand, Gary Lineker & co. back Eddie Howe for the England job (Video)October 1, 2016
- Arsenal should start searching for a new manager as Arsene Wenger opens the door for EnglandSeptember 30, 2016
- The FA have spoken to Ralf Rangnick about becoming the new England boss [Tweets]September 29, 2016
- Gareth Southgate wants the England job on a permanent basis [Times]September 29, 2016
- Arab media say Gigi Buffon shouted ‘free Palestine’ v Israel. But there’s a problem. It’s BSSeptember 8, 2016
- Israel 1 – Italy 3 Match report: Azzurri get off to a winning startSeptember 5, 2016
- Italian fans begin to boo French national anthem before Buffon intervenes (Video)September 2, 2016
- Anthony Martial scores for France against Italy thanks to brilliant Paul Pogba assist (Video)September 1, 2016