17 & Awesome: Zakaria Bakkali has a magical week, scores hat-trick for PSV v NEC
- August 11, 2013
Do Belgium have a lab where they are growing incredible footballers?
After the past few seasons have seen the likes of Hazard, Benteke, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Fellaini and Kompany become household names throughout world football, now Belgium appear to have yet another incredible talent on their hands in the form of 17-year-old forward Zakaria Bakkali.
Bakkali has had a magical week he’ll never forget.
The teenager received his Champions League debut last week, where he scored in his side’s 3-0 win at Zulte-Waregem.
He was then handed his first call up for his international side for the friendly against France on Wednesday, while on Saturday, against NEC in the second round of the Eredivisie, Bakkali’s week got even better.
On just his third ever appearance in the Dutch top flight, Bakkali, who is part of three-pronged attacked alongside Memphis Depay and Jürgen Locadia for coach Philip Cocu, stole the plaudits with a brilliant hat-trick.
5’5′ and just 132 lbs, the sleight centre-forward rifled a high shot on his left-peg for his opener, cut in from the right to curl home a second with his left foot, and he completed his hat-trick by tricking his way infield from the left to rocket a right-footer into the far top corner.
All of Zakaria Bakkali’s goals can be seen on the video below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...