- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
17 & Awesome: Zakaria Bakkali has a magical week, scores hat-trick for PSV v NEC
Do Belgium have a lab where they are growing incredible footballers?
After the past few seasons have seen the likes of Hazard, Benteke, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Fellaini and Kompany become household names throughout world football, now Belgium appear to have yet another incredible talent on their hands in the form of 17-year-old forward Zakaria Bakkali.
Bakkali has had a magical week he’ll never forget.
The teenager received his Champions League debut last week, where he scored in his side’s 3-0 win at Zulte-Waregem.
He was then handed his first call up for his international side for the friendly against France on Wednesday, while on Saturday, against NEC in the second round of the Eredivisie, Bakkali’s week got even better.
On just his third ever appearance in the Dutch top flight, Bakkali, who is part of three-pronged attacked alongside Memphis Depay and Jürgen Locadia for coach Philip Cocu, stole the plaudits with a brilliant hat-trick.
5’5′ and just 132 lbs, the sleight centre-forward rifled a high shot on his left-peg for his opener, cut in from the right to curl home a second with his left foot, and he completed his hat-trick by tricking his way infield from the left to rocket a right-footer into the far top corner.
All of Zakaria Bakkali’s goals can be seen on the video below.
- Updated: August 11, 2013