- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
15-match ban: Gerardo Bedoya kicks a grounded opponent in the face after receiving his 41st career dismissal
- Updated: September 27, 2012
The challenge has been set to find a more dirty, aggressive footballer than Colombian defender Gerardo Bedoya in the history of the Beautiful Game.
Colombian footballer Gerardo Bedoya collected his 41st career red card last weekend when the Independiente Santa Fe defender assaulted Millonarios’ Yhonny Ramirez in the Bogata derby.
Bedoya’s bad behaviour was outrageous.
36-year-old Bedoya, who has received 49 international caps for Colombia, was shown the red card for viscously elbowing Yhonny Ramirez when a Santa Fe cross was delivered into the Millonarios box. That however was only the start of the brutality as, after seeing the referee draw an instant red card out his pocket, Bedoya disgracefully and intentionally stamped on his Ramirez’s face when the player was still riding around on the floor in agony.
That sparked a brawl on the pitch between the sides, during which time Bedoya appeared to incredulously tried to scream his innocent after his assault had been clearly seen by everyone.
It took a few days, but now Bedoya has received his punishment. The disciplinary committee of the Colombian league body, Dimayor, handed the player a fine of 1,227,850 Colombian pesos (around 5,000 dollars) and a 15-match ban for his inexcusable actions.
Bedoya, who has since publicly apologised for his behaviour, will only be able to play for his club again this season if they reach the championship finals.
Watch Gerardo Bedoya’s unbelievable attack on Yhonny Ramirez below.