A Bonkers Finish: A 9-man Polish team beat 11-men with two injury time goals
- April 8, 2013
We always like to deliver the freshest content, however not being avid followers of Poland’s II Liga West division we’re a week late on the uptake of this story.
Anyways, at the end of March Górnik Wałbrzych played host to Chojniczanka Chojnice in the third tier of Polish football, and the match served up one of the most explosive finishes seen for some time.
Górnik lost striker Dominik Radziemski before the break after two rash challenges, and nine minutes from time the hosts were further reduced when Grzegorz Michalak collected his second booking of the match.
Two men down, Górnik’s tailspin intensified in the 90th minute as Chojnice won a penalty which Daniel Feruga duly converted. Game over.
Against the odds, substitute Adrian Sobczyk busted his balls to get into the box to sidefoot home a rebound for the equaliser in the 91st minute.
Barely sixty seconds later the incredible had been done, as fellow sub Michel Bartkowiak half volleyed a deep cross at the back post to send the Gornik players, subs, and fans completely mental.
Watch the best game of the season you didn’t know existed below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...