West Ham v Spurs: Premier League betting tips, predicted line-ups & essential facts
- August 15, 2014
West Ham: Adrian; Demel, Collins, Reid, Cresswell; Jarvis, Noble, Diami, Nolan, Downing, Cole
Aaron Cresswell is likely to be handed his debut at left back in what promises to be another lively London derby. Star striker Andy Carroll is out injured for 4 months with torn ankle ligaments so Carlton Cole will lead the line this weekend with new signing Mauro Zarate not considered match fit.
Spurs: Lloris; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies; Lamela, Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen, Townsend; Adebayor
Ben Davies is expected to start at left back with fellow summer acquisition Eric Dier also pushing for a start in defence. New boss Mauricio Pochettino has to decide which of Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado will be given a starting berth up front. Lewis Holtby impressed in pre-season and will be giving his manager a selection headache.
West Ham v Spurs preview:
Tottenham travel to West Ham on Saturday afternoon in a meeting that has thrown up some interesting results recently.
Andy Carroll will be a big miss for Sam Allardyce’s West Ham, with the big England striker ruled out for 4 months.
Goalkeeper Adrian has struggled in pre-season but will hope to return to form in time for their Premier League opener this weekend.
Tottenham come into the Premier League season high on confidence, winning 4 and drawing 1 of their 5 friendlies.
Pochettino has plenty of options in midfield and attack, with last season’s star player Christian Eriksen the only certain starter.
However, Moussa Dembele, Paulinho, Jan Vertonghen and Nacer Chadli all have to pass late fitness tests.
101GG predicts: West Ham 1 – Spurs 1.
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting on West Ham v Spurs:
West Ham beat Tottenham on each of the three occasions the two sides met last season.
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is unbeaten is his last three encounters with Mauricio Pochettino, winning one and drawing two against Southampton.
Spurs have won just 4 of their last 16 opening day Premier League fixtures, picking up 16 points from a possible 48.
Tottenham recorded 10 away wins in the 2013/2014 season. Only Arsenal managed more (11).
Spurs struggled in derbies last season, scoring 9 in their last 10 London derbies.
- Spurs have £15million bid for West Ham midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate rejected [Mail]
- Tottenham target Victor Wanyama set to stay at Southampton [Sky Sports]
- West Ham are in talks with Tottenham over Emmanuel Adebayor (Sky Sports Video)
- Why Erik Lamela’s move from Tottenham to Marseille collapsed [L’Equipe]
- Alexandre Pato posts Instagram update on his possible move to Tottenham
- Spurs flop Erik Lamela is close to joining Marseille on loan (Di Marzio)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...