West Ham v Spurs: Premier League betting tips, predicted line-ups & essential facts
- August 15, 2014
West Ham: Adrian; Demel, Collins, Reid, Cresswell; Jarvis, Noble, Diami, Nolan, Downing, Cole
Aaron Cresswell is likely to be handed his debut at left back in what promises to be another lively London derby. Star striker Andy Carroll is out injured for 4 months with torn ankle ligaments so Carlton Cole will lead the line this weekend with new signing Mauro Zarate not considered match fit.
Spurs: Lloris; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies; Lamela, Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen, Townsend; Adebayor
Ben Davies is expected to start at left back with fellow summer acquisition Eric Dier also pushing for a start in defence. New boss Mauricio Pochettino has to decide which of Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado will be given a starting berth up front. Lewis Holtby impressed in pre-season and will be giving his manager a selection headache.
West Ham v Spurs preview:
Tottenham travel to West Ham on Saturday afternoon in a meeting that has thrown up some interesting results recently.
Andy Carroll will be a big miss for Sam Allardyce’s West Ham, with the big England striker ruled out for 4 months.
Goalkeeper Adrian has struggled in pre-season but will hope to return to form in time for their Premier League opener this weekend.
Tottenham come into the Premier League season high on confidence, winning 4 and drawing 1 of their 5 friendlies.
Pochettino has plenty of options in midfield and attack, with last season’s star player Christian Eriksen the only certain starter.
However, Moussa Dembele, Paulinho, Jan Vertonghen and Nacer Chadli all have to pass late fitness tests.
101GG predicts: West Ham 1 – Spurs 1.
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting on West Ham v Spurs:
West Ham beat Tottenham on each of the three occasions the two sides met last season.
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is unbeaten is his last three encounters with Mauricio Pochettino, winning one and drawing two against Southampton.
Spurs have won just 4 of their last 16 opening day Premier League fixtures, picking up 16 points from a possible 48.
Tottenham recorded 10 away wins in the 2013/2014 season. Only Arsenal managed more (11).
Spurs struggled in derbies last season, scoring 9 in their last 10 London derbies.
- Spurs fans react to the news that Eric Dier will be playing in midfield v MLS [Best Twe...
- MLS All Star Team v Tottenham: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Tottenham star Harry Kane scores pinpoint free kick as he prepares for match v MLS All-...
- West Brom produce bizarre tweet dismissing any Tottenham bid for Saido Berahino
- Porto “very close” to completing loan deal for Tottenham’s Erik Lamel...
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi