Tottenham v QPR: Betting tips, predicted line-ups & essential facts
- August 23, 2014
Tottenham: Lloris, Dier, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Rose, Capoue, Bentaleb, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Adebayor.
Kyle Naughton is suspended and Kyle Walker still injured, so last-minute West Ham hero Eric Dier is expected to start at right back. The likes of Younes Kaboul, Etienne Capoue, Christian Eriksen and Emmanuel Adebayor did not travel to Cyprus in the Europa League so will almost certainly start on Sunday.
QPR: Green, Dunne, Ferdinand, Caulker, Isla, Traore, Barton, Fer, Mutch, Remy and Austin.
Spurs v QPR preview
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
New signing Eduardo Vargas is ineligible due to work permit issues. Leroy Fer and Mauricio Isla are expected to come in and add quality to the QPR team that lost 1-0 at home to Hull.
All the headlines in the build-up to this match will surround Harry Redknapp’s first return to White Hart Lane as an opposition manager since he left Spurs at the end of the 2011/2012 season.
‘Arry was the only manager to take Spurs to the Champions League so far and comes having guided QPR to promotion through the play-offs.
Spurs though are on a good run having started the season with two wins at West Ham thanks to debutant Eric Dier and claimed a comeback victory in the Europa League over AEL Limassol on Thursday night.
Crucially, Erik Lamela came on in Cyprus and turned the game with two assists for Roberto Soldado and Harry Kane. If the Argentine can hit form for Spurs this season it could be a real game changer for the north London side.
QPR began their Premier League season losing 1-0 at home to Hull but will rue some missed chances, specifically the missed penalty from Charlie Austin.
A front two of Austin and Remy should guarantee goals, even in the Premier League and they will undoubtedly test Hugo Lloris.
It will be intriguing to see whether Mauricio Pochettino’s high pressing game can work just days after a Europa League away fixture.
101gg predicts: Tottenham 2 – QPR 2.
Grab a £35 Free Bet!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get a 100% Bonus up to £35 Free!
Open a new account with TitanBet & Get a Welcome bonus Of Up To £35 Free!
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting on Tottenham v QPR:
Spurs have won all their home games in 2014 so far, losing only twice, to Manchester City and Arsenal.
QPR have not lost their first two matches of a season since 1995.
The last time QPR won at White Hart Lane was in season 1993/1994.
During their last campaign in the top flight, Rangers bagged the fewest wins from London derbies versus their local rivals.
- QPR v Nottingham Forest: Watch a Live Stream
- Watch Scott Malone’s injury time golazo that gave Cardiff a 2-2 draw at QPR (Offi...
- Joey Barton’s move from QPR to West Ham collapses, midfielder posts video to expl...
- Yeovil v QPR: Watch a Live Stream
- West Ham set to sign Joey Barton after owner David Gold previously called him “vi...
- Tottenham prepare £15m bid for QPR hitman Charlie Austin [Mirror]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...