Tottenham v QPR: Betting tips, predicted line-ups & essential facts
- August 23, 2014
Tottenham: Lloris, Dier, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Rose, Capoue, Bentaleb, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Adebayor.
Kyle Naughton is suspended and Kyle Walker still injured, so last-minute West Ham hero Eric Dier is expected to start at right back. The likes of Younes Kaboul, Etienne Capoue, Christian Eriksen and Emmanuel Adebayor did not travel to Cyprus in the Europa League so will almost certainly start on Sunday.
QPR: Green, Dunne, Ferdinand, Caulker, Isla, Traore, Barton, Fer, Mutch, Remy and Austin.
Spurs v QPR preview
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
New signing Eduardo Vargas is ineligible due to work permit issues. Leroy Fer and Mauricio Isla are expected to come in and add quality to the QPR team that lost 1-0 at home to Hull.
All the headlines in the build-up to this match will surround Harry Redknapp’s first return to White Hart Lane as an opposition manager since he left Spurs at the end of the 2011/2012 season.
‘Arry was the only manager to take Spurs to the Champions League so far and comes having guided QPR to promotion through the play-offs.
Spurs though are on a good run having started the season with two wins at West Ham thanks to debutant Eric Dier and claimed a comeback victory in the Europa League over AEL Limassol on Thursday night.
Crucially, Erik Lamela came on in Cyprus and turned the game with two assists for Roberto Soldado and Harry Kane. If the Argentine can hit form for Spurs this season it could be a real game changer for the north London side.
QPR began their Premier League season losing 1-0 at home to Hull but will rue some missed chances, specifically the missed penalty from Charlie Austin.
A front two of Austin and Remy should guarantee goals, even in the Premier League and they will undoubtedly test Hugo Lloris.
It will be intriguing to see whether Mauricio Pochettino’s high pressing game can work just days after a Europa League away fixture.
101gg predicts: Tottenham 2 – QPR 2.
Grab a £35 Free Bet!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get a 100% Bonus up to £35 Free!
Open a new account with TitanBet & Get a Welcome bonus Of Up To £35 Free!
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting on Tottenham v QPR:
Spurs have won all their home games in 2014 so far, losing only twice, to Manchester City and Arsenal.
QPR have not lost their first two matches of a season since 1995.
The last time QPR won at White Hart Lane was in season 1993/1994.
During their last campaign in the top flight, Rangers bagged the fewest wins from London derbies versus their local rivals.
- QPR v Monaco: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Eduardo Vargas’ winner for Chile v Peru was a very special Golazo [Video + GIF]
- Chelsea weighing up bid for QPR’s Charlie Austin [ESPN]
- Ex Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd pulls off unreal piece of skill for Júbilo Iwata in Jap...
- Charlie Austin can earn his mates £8000 if the QPR striker scores for England after a 5...
- QPR’s Joey Barton blasts The Mirror’s “clueless journalism” ove...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi