- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Manchester City v Liverpool: Predicted line-ups & betting tips
Possible starting lineups
Manchester City: Caballero; Clichy, Boyata, Nastasic, Kolarov; Fernando, Navas, Zuculini, Sinclair; Jovetic, Iheanacho.
Liverpool: Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Markovic.
Premier League champions Manchester City will field a strong XI against Liverpool at Yankee Stadium, however the Citizens will be without some high-profile names on their teammate.
Manuel Pelligrini has confirmed that none of the World Cup participants who have joined up with the squad will play on Wednesday night.
That means that David Silva, Yaya Toure, Sergio Aguero, James Milner, Edin Dzeko and Joe Hart are all set to miss the game.
Of those likely to play in the match, Aleksander Kolarov, Gael Clichy, Matija Nastasic, Jesus Navas and Stevan Jovetic wil all feature, as well as new signings Fernando and keeper Willy Caballero.
- Updated: July 30, 2014