Liverpool v Southampton: Premier League Betting tips, predicted line-ups & essential facts
- August 16, 2014
Liverpool: Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno; Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling; Sturridge, Lambert.
£25m summer signing Adam Lallana returned to training this week but is unlikely to be fit to play against his former club on Sunday. Fellow signings from Southampton, Dejan Lovren and Rickie Lambert are both in contention to start. Lazar Markovic could be in the match squad but is unlikely to start after returning from injury. New signing Alberto Moreno could be involved.
Southampton: Forster; Clyne, Yoshida, Fonte, Bertrand; Schneiderlin, Wanyama; Ward-Prowse, Davis, Tadic; Pellé
Fraser Forster, Ryan Bertrand, Dusan Tadic, Graziano Pelle and Shane Long are all in contention to make their debuts for Southampton. Young James Ward-Prowse could be given a more senior role at the club after the departure of so many senior players.
Liverpool v Southampton preview:
Following a summer of acquiring Southampton players, Liverpool host the Saints on the opening weekend of the season.
Southampton have seen their impressive side from last season completely raided by the big Premier League teams.
This week new manager Ronald Koeman splashed out £12m on Shane Long to complement fellow new attacking signings Graziano Pelle and Dusan Tadic.
Liverpool will hope to build on their 2nd placed finish of last season but will have to do it without star striker Luis Suarez, who moved to Barcelona for a very large sum of money.
The Reds beat Borussia Dortmund 4-0 on Sunday whilst Southampton lost their 100% pre-season record with a 1-0 defeat to Bayer Leverkusen.
101GG predicts: Liverpool 1 – Southampton 0.
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting on Liverpool v Southampton:
Southampton have won on two of their last 4 visits to Anfield, including a 1-0 win last season.
Liverpool have won only one of their last five opening day fixtures, last season’s 1-0 win over Stoke.
Liverpool scored 101 (great?!) goals last season but only managed to keep 10 clean sheets.
Liverpool v Southampton – Best Odds!
BETFAIR EXCLUSIVE ODDS – 4/1 Liverpool to beat Southampton
Back Liverpool to beat Southampton at the current Sportsbook price, Your winnings will get topped up within 24hrs.
- Man City may spend almost £100m on Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling & Kevin De Br...
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard unveiled at LA Galaxy during HT of Toronto rout [video]
- Internacional have sold Brazilian midfielder Allan to Liverpool for £500,000 [UOL Esporte]
- All 13 Steven Gerrard goals during final season for Liverpool [video]
- Brendan Rodgers wants Barça’s Pedro to replace Raheem Sterling at Liverpool [SPORT]
- NBA star Lebron James backs Jordan Henderson’s FIFA 16 cover campaign on Facebook
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi