Great odds! Liverpool are 6/1 to beat AC Milan in Charlotte, North Carolina
- August 1, 2014
We can only suspect Betfair have not been paying attention to AC Milan over the past year or so, these are simply scandalous odds!
AC Milan did not qualify for European competition last season and are now a shadow of the side that faced Liverpool in the Champions League finals of 2005 and 2007.
Pippo Inzaghi has been appointed to turn things round for the Rossoneri but so far pre-season has been tough.
Quite simply, AC Milan have stunk up the International Champions Cup and are already eliminated thanks to a 3-0 defeat against Olympiakos, followed by a 5-1 rout at the hands of Manchester City.
The match against Manchester City was so one-sided that the Premier League side were 4-0 up in 26 minutes.
Meanwhile, Liverpool appear to be in good form as they embark on life without Luis Suarez.
Brendan Rodgers’ side have defeated both Olympiakos and Manchester City (on penalties) during their International Champions Cup campaign.
Against City, Raheem Sterling in particular looked particularly impressive and it could be a big season for the attacker after some fine World Cup appearances.
Rodgers will also likely be keen to see new signings Rickie Lambert and Lazar Markovic – who will likely make life very difficult for beleaguered AC Milan.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...