- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Dario Silva makes an amazing comeback to the football pitch
- Updated: January 14, 2009
Tuesday night witnessed a truly remarkable event which goes beyond the limits of football as 36-year-old Dario Silva returned to pitch after almost a three year absence.
Back in September 2006, the former Malaga, Sevilla, Portsmouth and Uruguay international lost his lower right leg in a car crash in Montevideo. Many doubted whether Silva would ever walk again, and the decision was quickly made to amputate his leg below the knee.
Silva battled through, eventually getting the aid of a prosthetic leg to allow him to walk without the need of crutches. But Dario Silva, and man known for his flamboyance and confidence in his playing career, demanded more, and last night his pushed the boundaries by returning to the football field to the joy of his fellow countrymen.
Taking part in a charity match for the “FundaciÃ³n NiÃ±os con Alas” (Children with Wings Foundation) to raise money for needy youngsters in his country, a select Uruguay XI took on and Argentinean select XI with Silva donning the number 9 shirt just the way he used to.
In a fantastic moment of personal perseverance, Dario Silva got his chance to show that, despite only having one real leg, he still retains his predatory instincts by stepping up a scoring a penalty to the delight of everyone in the stadium.
See Dario Silva’s wonderful goalscoring moment here.
Video evidence of Dario Silva in his prime can be seen here.